William Carleton speaking. Subscribe to Counselor @ Law for daily posts pertinent to the entrepreneurial economy. These days, we're watching implementation of the JOBS Act really closely. As always, we do close readings of documents major media gloss over.
Check out the "river of blogs" I'm working on at http://wac6river.com (I'm a student of Dave Winer's EC2 for Poets). With lawyer friends and fellow legal bloggers, I'm also building http://legalriver.net, an aggregation of feeds from authentic law blogs.
2012 Press & Editorial
Bill expresses his views in other media on topics ranging from crowdfunding to the #Occupy Wall Street movement to the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act. He follows regulatory implementation of the JOBS Act in his regular Wednesday column on VC Experts.
Here is an index of Bill's work in other media in 2012:
- Driverless cars: Looking under the legislation’s hood | Geekwire, September 26, 2012
- (Quoted in) Kickstarter Clarifies Refund Policy After News Report | KQED News Fix, September 5, 2012
- (Interviewed in) In 'Crowdfunding,' Money Trail is Murky | KQED Radio, August 23, 2012
- Questions I'd ask before listing a startup on FundersClub | Geekwire, August 23, 2012
- Boss signing in to your Facebook account? There’s a law for that | GeekWire, June 4, 2012
- (Interviewed in) Crowdfunding Is Coming, But Skeptics Say the 1 Percent Still Rule the Financing Game | Seattle Weekly's The Daily Weekly, May 22, 2012
- (Interviewed in) Crowd funding warning from Washington and the SEC | KIRO FM, May 16, 2012
- Facebook may be discovering that mobile users don’t like ads | GeekWire, May 12, 2012
- Reality Check: Twitter’s patent pledge not what it seems | GeekWire, April 18, 2012
- Live Chat: What Will the JOBS Act Mean for U.S. Start-Ups? | Wall Street Journal, April 12, 2012
- Fiddling with user timelines: A wrong turn for Twitter? | GeekWire, March 29, 2012
- The JOBS Act means different things to different people in the startup community | GeekWire, March 27, 2012
- Crowdfunding is white-hot on Capitol Hill - will it survive the fire? | Crowdsourcing.org, March 19, 2012
- (Quoted in) State regulators fight for "crowdfunding" control | Reuters, March 16, 2012
- Crowdfunding for the 1% | Crowdsourcing.org, March 13, 2012
- Crowding out angels from startup financings? | GeekWire, March 3, 2012
Click here for earlier references.
- Justia Securities Law Blogs
- Justia Intellectual Property Law Blogs
- ABA Journal Blawg Directory
- Fizzlaw summaries of select older posts
CC License and Permissions
Except where a guest writer is credited, all posts are by William Carleton. Re-use subject to CC license terms. For additional permissions, please contact Bill on Twitter or by email. Guest bloggers sometimes reserve traditional copyright to their posts.
- Language and invention
The core processor is not a chip.
- Birches, bitches
Jesse Pinkman's favorite Robert Frost poem.
- Investment crowdfunding exemption in Washington State?
- Geeks on buses: Seattle v. San Francisco edition