Equity Crowdfunding G+ HangoutBy http://profile.typepad.com/1237764140s22740 // September 14, 2012 in Crowdfunding
Update: 11:14 AM Pacific
Okay, we've had too many distractions with the hangout being public. We've quit the link below and will resume in a private hangout. Let me know in the comments if you'd like to join and I'll try to email you the link.
Update: 11:02 AM Pacific
Okay, the hangout has started. Here is the link: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/4578fc2d2259c0f21cd764126f1dbc81fc47ddc2?authuser=0&hl=en
If you have the time today at around 11 AM Pacific, 2 PM Eastern, consider dropping in on a Google+ hangout that Jonny Sandlund has organized, around the topic of equity crowdfunding.
Here is a list of folks who intend to participate:
- Daniel Gorfine, The Milken Institute
- Mark Mohler, Sprigster.com
- Jonathan Sandlund, localinvestors.org
- Dan Marom, Dan Marom & Co
- David Fisher, Maui Venture Consulting
I'm hoping Ryan Feit of Seedinvest.com will be able to make it, too. Other really cool people in the equity crowdfunding movement have told Jonny and me that they may try to drop in.
This is an informal experiment, with no mandatory agenda, and no guarantees of any resulting useful takeaway! But among the talking points Jonny has floated as a possible agenda are these:
- Competitive advantages of equity platforms
- Coupling impact investment industry with crowdfunding
- Making crowdfunding work for local (connecting communities in more meaningful ways through investment)
I'll plan to update this post with the link, closer to game time.