Liveblogging SEC Webcast - Tweeting for Investors (of the "Verified Accredited" Variety)By http://profile.typepad.com/1237764140s22740 // July 10, 2013 in "Spouse", Accredited Investor Definition, Angel platforms, Angels, General Solicitation, JOBS Act, Reg D, Seed Financings, Startup Law 101
William Carleton and Joe Wallin live blog the SEC Open Meeting webcast on Wednesday, July 10.
Update 12:22 Pacific: here are links to the various rules, now posted:
- http://www.sec.gov/rules/final/2013/33-9415.pdf (lifting ban on general solicitation)
- http://www.sec.gov/rules/final/2013/33-9414.pdf (bad actor)
- http://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/2013/33-9416.pdf (changes to Form D – PROPOSED)
This meeting is about:
- lifting the ban on general solicitation in Rule 506 offerings limited to accredited investors (angels);
- "verification" of accredited investor status;
- changes to Form D (the filing that is made in connection with most startup offerings); and
- "bad actor" rules for startup investing.
Recent posts on this blog, anticipating today's meeting: